Australian Police Cars
Australian Police Cars
Police and Emergency Vehicle Forums

WRX

Any discussion regarding police vehicles.

Moderator: Richmeister

WRX

Postby Ryno » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:30 pm

Do any states at all use the WRX anymore?

Did anyone here actually get to drive one? What were they like?

I heard a rumour that they went through gear boxes a fair bit as the models that were used didn't come in an Automatic Transmission.

Any truth to that?
TOA

Ryno 2005
Ryno

Postby Hwy612 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:48 pm

WE had one for a short time. Nice in the tight bits ans smooth streets. Crap anywhere else. Over rated go kart. Rattles and bone cracking suspension, not good for country roads. Too small inside for two members plus kits, let alone try and put a farmer size XPCA in the back seat as well. :shock: :shock:
Hwy612
User

Postby rgg066 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:03 am

The first model was far too small for the reasons 612 gave, as well as the fact they got absolutely creamed on resale at the end of service life too.

The current sized car isn't too bad, but back seat legroom isn't too flash.

We had a few of the current t size model in Vic for a little while. Most were Q cars, but I haven't seen one for ages. The WRX would be well suited to Region 1, where the guys nearly always work one up and can quickly get a van to do their transport, unlike most country areas (like 612's situation) where you'd generally find yourself a long way from the closest van to do the transport of your ExPCA.

There have been a few Forrester GT's and more recently XT's floating about. Until a couple of weeks ago there was one at Dawson St which belonged to the MCIU I think.
Hello, I'm from the Government. I'm here to assist
rgg066
User

Postby Richmeister » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:08 pm

The WRXs I've seen are the marked MY99 that Bendigo TMU had for a while, the dark blue MY01 that was up here, and Ballarat TMU's marked MY01. There was a green Forester GT (at least I remember it to be green) around 2000/01 as well.
Richard

Hi, I'm your friendly Site Administrator, here to make your stay on http://www.auspolcars.info/ as fun as possible!

RICHARDHILLPHOTO.COM
MFBWiki
Richmeister
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Police Vehicles