Australian Police Cars
Australian Police Cars
Police and Emergency Vehicle Forums

[Vic] New police vehicles for Bendigo region

Any discussion regarding police vehicles.

Moderator: Richmeister

[Vic] New police vehicles for Bendigo region

Postby Richmeister » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:55 pm

http://bendigo.yourguide.com.au/detail. ... m=7&y=2005

New police vehicles would also be delivered to Bendigo in the near future, Ms Nixon also revealed. "These cars are much safer both for prisoners and police members," she said.

Hopefully we'll get an extra van, not just a Crewman as a replacement for one of the BA vans. At the moment we only have two vans and therefore two crews out at the same time, so if they're both tied up (which happens quite a lot) it's up to the nearest TMU car to go around and attend the noisy party complaints.
Richard

Hi, I'm your friendly Site Administrator, here to make your stay on http://www.auspolcars.info/ as fun as possible!

RICHARDHILLPHOTO.COM
MFBWiki
Richmeister
Administrator
Administrator

Postby rgg066 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:51 am

READ THE ARTICLE VERY CAREFULLY

There is nothing in that article which gives any indication whatsoever, that Bendigo will receive EXTRA or ADDITIONAL vehicles, only new ones.

Bendigo already gets new vehicles as each existing one reaches approximately 60,000km on the odometer. (OK, the vans sometimes get upto 80,000k's on them, but I digress)

The new vehicles she refers to are the Crewmans which will replace the current Falcon Ute based vans. Therefore, the quotes represent absolutely nothing, as does the reference to 350 recruits being in the academy. So what if there are 350 recruits in the Academy.

Most alarming is the quote "The government has given us an extra 600 people"...

The reality is that the Govt has PROMISED to deliver an extra 600 members, but has only DELIVERED approx half of these as of June.

When you factor in retirements and resignatons, the Govt will actually fail to deliver the promised 600 member increase this year.

Not only has the increase of 600 members NOT been delivered already, it will not even be achieved this year.

If the Academy was to commence double squads of 30 each fortnight as of Monday, they cannot achieve the 600 member increase this year!(Double squads for the remainder of the year are not planned, nor even possible given the pool has insufficient numbers)

No wonder there is a lack of faith in Command, the CC can't even count!!
Hello, I'm from the Government. I'm here to assist
rgg066
User

Postby Richmeister » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:41 am

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. But it's good to see that Ms Nixon is breifed on the relative ages of vehicles in the regions she visits, by my calculations the vans here have at least another eight months left in them...
Richard

Hi, I'm your friendly Site Administrator, here to make your stay on http://www.auspolcars.info/ as fun as possible!

RICHARDHILLPHOTO.COM
MFBWiki
Richmeister
Administrator
Administrator

Postby rgg066 » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:26 am

Whenever you gain the impression the department is going to hand over anything extra, or somethig cool, you can guarantee one of three things,

1. There's a swag of pain in the arse conditions, or
2. It's only a rumour (and a greatly exaggerated one at that) or
3. It's total bulldust

Then you also need remind yourself, that if it sounds like it's too good to be true, then it will be.

The Dept never does anything without an alterior motive, NEVER.

Think about things like the Mobility Agreement. It was signed off on when we had 11 metro and 6 country districts. Then the Dept shifted the goal posts and brought in 5 regions. Whenever they give with one hand they are already planning on how to take it away through some surreptitious method.
Hello, I'm from the Government. I'm here to assist
rgg066
User

Postby Richmeister » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:20 am

Unless Ms Nixon was referring to the 250's new BAII XT sedan, there's no sign of any new "safer both for prisoners and police members" cars yet.
Richard

RICHARDHILLPHOTO.COM
MFBWiki
Richmeister
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Police Vehicles