Australian Police Cars
Australian Police Cars
Police and Emergency Vehicle Forums

(qld) lightbar controls

Any discussion regarding police vehicles.

Moderator: Richmeister

(qld) lightbar controls

Postby syd » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:53 pm

hey everybody.

I have a question, regarding how the qld police control the mx 7000 lights, in the photo at
http://www.auspolcars.info/index.php?st ... baxr8_gy_5

you can see the control, but not very clearly. it is just be hind the gear stick. i am lead to belive that in normal general duties commodores, and falcons it is on the roof, has any one got a clearer picture, that would be very great. i can tell that the alley lights and front spoties are there but what are the five above it?

big light?
lower deck?
takedown?
siren?
?

and what are takedown lights in regard to qld pol, are they when the headlights flash?

sorry about all the questions!
Thanks in advance
syd

QLD light Bar controls

Postby Smithy » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:21 pm

You are almost spot on.

The lower row constists of your alley lights, which are the two spotties mounted on either side of the light bar. The other botton switch is for you take down lights. These are the two spot light located under the middle black section of the lightbar as in this photo.

http://www.auspolcars.info/index.php?st ... _vzexec_00

The top five bottons from left to right are rotator, strobe, headlights, siren and all.

Hope that helps.
Smithy

Postby syd » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:02 pm

thanks, mate, for that, but does anyone know why i saw a commodore with the strobes on, but only the back lights where on, not the front?

thanks
syd

QLD Lightbar controls

Postby Smithy » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:54 pm

Mate,
The storbes can be used in three ways. Both front and back, just the front or just the back. Depends which way the traffic is flowing in relation to the vehicle. Strobes are operated by the same switch, just depends how many times you press it.

As for your other question in relation to placement of the controllers, commodores are on the roof, and falcons are on the lower centre console.
Smithy

Postby syd » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:05 pm

thanks mate, for all your help mate you were very helpful.

How do the Highway Patrol use their message screen thingy, like at the back of the lightbars?
syd

Postby Smithy » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:09 pm

mate,
there is an LCD contoller with pre programed messages. You simply select the one you want and hit display. simple.
Is there any particular reason you are so interested in QLD police lightbars etc.
Smithy

Postby syd » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:43 pm

I guess i have always been fascinated by the flash of police lights , and just out of curiosity, wanted to know how they work. I plan on joining the QPS when i move to my open driver license.

I hope i havent offended anyone, by asking so many question. "Curiosity killed the cat" :lol:

Thanks,
Syd
syd

Return to Police Vehicles