Australian Police Cars
Australian Police Cars
Police and Emergency Vehicle Forums

EPping Police station has

Any discussion regarding police vehicles.

Moderator: Richmeister

EPping Police station has

Postby vicpol » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:51 am

Epping Police station in melbourne has a green lemonny Bf xr6 turbo Mark 2 Auto unmarked, lovely car. I was wondering what other BF mark 1 or 2 xr6 turbo Auto police cars are out there apart from white? Thats the first i seen, is there any more this colour? where? How long till we see it at the auctions? Will it go to Fowles in Laverton? or where else? i really want to follow this car to the auction, can someone help me?

How long will it stay at epping? 1 year?
vicpol

Postby Richmeister » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:18 am

How long a TMU car stays in service can vary greatly depending on the area. Some can take as little as six months to rack up 60,000 km, while in other areas it can take two years or even more, but about one year would be about average. As far as I know, all VicPol cars do go through Fowles (or Manheim Fowles as it is now called). I've been told that there's an XR6T the same colour at Werribee as well.
Richard

Hi, I'm your friendly Site Administrator, here to make your stay on http://www.auspolcars.info/ as fun as possible!

RICHARDHILLPHOTO.COM
MFBWiki
Richmeister
Administrator
Administrator

Postby vicpol » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:36 pm

thanks i will look ou for the one in Werribee. Its good to see police are finally using the 6 speed auto bf xr6 turbo's. Cause all i see at fowles is VZ ss's, there everywhere. I hope there are more. HOw much $$$$ you think they will go for when it reachs auction? i saw a Vz SS silver undercover one go for $22,000 and usually the ss's go for more than fords, so i guessing may $22k the xr6 turbo as well?
vicpol

Postby vicpol » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:54 pm

???? anyone
vicpol

Postby APF » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:20 pm

vicpol wrote:???? anyone

Its an auction, that means the price could go for anything!
APF
User

Postby vicpol » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:32 am

what other stations have these bf xr6 turbo auto's, that are that green colour or other fluro colours not white.
vicpol

Postby rgg066 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:06 pm

vicpol wrote:thanks i will look ou for the one in Werribee. Its good to see police are finally using the 6 speed auto bf xr6 turbo's. Cause all i see at fowles is VZ ss's, there everywhere. I hope there are more. HOw much $$$$ you think they will go for when it reachs auction? i saw a Vz SS silver undercover one go for $22,000 and usually the ss's go for more than fords, so i guessing may $22k the xr6 turbo as well?

Resale depends on;
Vehicle colour (Trendy fashion Colours like the Yellowy-Green don't sell well on the 2nd hand market like Silver does)
How many times it gets smashed up
How severe those prangs were
How badly it was treated generally during its service life
A tatty interior always devalues the car further, even if the paint has been touched up

A well looked after TMU car can easilly sell for $3k more than one that clearly hasn't been looked after and is battle scarred.
Hello, I'm from the Government. I'm here to assist
rgg066
User

Postby vicpol » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:26 am

yeah your right about that, i looked at a ba xr8 white one interior and exterior where distoryed, dints, seat ripped, had 55k on the clock, went for $21500.

The one i am looking at getting is at Epping, just waiting for it to finish up, its the green colour xr6 turbo dont know how long it will take cause they have about 5 yellow SS vz there and there not moving anytime soon, there always parked never driven.

Which other stations have green or that light blue xr6 turbo auto BF's floating around that you know of?????

Ca i post a picture of the epping patrol car xr6 here to show people what it looks like?
vicpol

Postby Richmeister » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:37 am

Go for it, I'd like to see it.
Richard

Hi, I'm your friendly Site Administrator, here to make your stay on http://www.auspolcars.info/ as fun as possible!

RICHARDHILLPHOTO.COM
MFBWiki
Richmeister
Administrator
Administrator

Postby rgg066 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:18 pm

That's wierd, some of the Yellow SMART cars have already been turned off and sold, so some of them are being driven!

That Q car from Epping will take a while to be changed over, as it's quite new.
Hello, I'm from the Government. I'm here to assist
rgg066
User

Postby ef boy » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:05 am

the pics that vicpol took were were they taken interesting to see there was 4 of them parked right next to eachother
Photos Of All Emergency Services Vehicles

www.oz-emergency-services.fotopic.net
ef boy
User

Return to Police Vehicles